VulcanVerse: Fishing Phase 1 Is Here!
Down Your Tools & Head For The Water. It’s Time To Catch Fish.
Today is the day Fishing phase 1 goes live! Not the full fishing experience yet as we are going to release in phases. But you can definitely start learning and maximizing your fishing skills. Consider this the ‘novice’ fishing experience.. This update also contains a comprehensive achievement system and treasure chests. Find out all about it below!
Fishing Phase 1
It has been a very busy couple of days in the Vulcan Forged community test group. Lots of fish have been caught, and loads of bugs have been fixed. As VulcanVerse is an MMORPG being developed while users are playing the game, it’s important to understand that we divided fishing into three distinct stages. Today we will release phase 1. Let’s sum up some features:
- You can use your NFT rods for fishing. These rods are unbreakable, a huge advantage when compared to rods from fishmongers.
- You can buy rods with gold from a fishmonger. These rods will break and can only be used a few times. You need to farm gold by completing quests in order to buy a new rod.
- You can attach lures to your fishing line to increase the chance of catching fish.
- You can buy lures from fishmonger NPCs.
Many different types of fish can be caught all over Vulcan Verse. Fish drop rates vary based on the following:
- The lure/bait you use for your fishing attempt
- The area (quadrant)
- Whether you’re fishing in saltwater or freshwater
- The rod you are using (does not apply for phase 1, though)
A wise visitor to VulcanVerse would first research the best fishing spots to find the fish they want to catch. So, for example. The Winged Seadragon can only be found in Arcadia. Based on the lure/bait you use, the chance to catch this shiny one is between 0% and 10%.
There are four fishmongers in-game. Visit them to buy lures, bait, and rods. Check the screenshot below to find some of the goodies the fishmongers have to offer. A fifth fishmonger will arrive in future. You can find the fishmongers in these locations:
Boreas: Garos the fishmonger, is located inside the Great Sinkhole in the middle of Boreas. That’s under the Fortress of the Wind.
Hades: Inside the building in Hades Harbour, looking at the entrance, you’ll find Manos.
Arcadia: Standing between fishing stands inside Arcadia Harbour in north Arcadia is Phainos.
Notus: Glaukos is standing near the fish stands inside Notus Harbour.
Vulcan City: (To be implemented later)
Important release notes:
- Having multiple editions of the same NFT rod (for instance, 4 Arcadia rods) doesn’t work yet. You’ll have the same amount of tries as the owners of 1.
- The cooldown time for the NFT editions differs from the cooldown time as stated on the NFT (shorter than mentioned).
- Renting out rods isn’t yet possible. This is a feature for a future release.
- Fishing for NFTs isn’t yet live. For now, you are able to fish for… fish!
- NFT rods are unbreakable and have a higher success rate than the ‘free rods’ you can buy with materials. Since for the free rods, you have to pay a ‘gold’ fee, these aren’t unlimited (as gold is only available through daily quests).
- Without a lure, you can have one fishing attempt per try (cooldown will start after this try). You can have up to 3 tries.
- This release is part 1/3. Which means much more elements will be added along the way.
- Common Rod (NFTs) are displayed as ‘epic rods’ in-game.
- Animations (fish getting caught) from a second-player perspective could be incorrect.
Each fishing attempt is 1 XP + 0 for common + 1 for rare + 2 for epic + 3 for legendary. you can catch a maximum of 3 fish per event.
Disclaimer: not all bugs that have been found by the community test group have been resolved. Consider this pre-alpha.
About Vulcan Forged
Vulcan Forged is a blockchain game studio, NFT marketplace, and NFT minting engine. Vulcan Forged is the creator of VulcanVerse and Berserk, and many other games. The ecosystem is expanding rapidly, and many games are being enabled within the play to earn economy.
The native token used within the ecosystem is $PYR. The secondary token $LAVA acts as a play to earn tokens. This dual token economy structure is ideal for play to earn. Scholars will earn $LAVA while playing the Vulcan Forged games and will be able to forage special NFTs while in-game. These can be sold on the Vulcan Marketplace for $PYR.
To stay up to date with Vulcan Forged, please follow on these channels: