Vulcan’s Phalanx: NFT Avatar Collectibles With Solid Usecases
How Vulcan’s Phalanx Works, Avatar Buffs and Rare Items
Vulcan’s Phalanx consists of 10,000 unique collectible avatars, 500 each of 20 different entities / character types released in 5 waves.
The first of Wave 1 is Arcadia, and the first characters from Arcadia are centaurs. Each centaur looks different to the one before it, each has a unique name and lore. Some carry a rarer (and therefore more powerful) weapon or wear rarer and better armour than others. Owning a Vulcan’s Phalanx avatar is the only way you’ll get an avatar for your My Forge profile and will provide certain buffs throughout the Vulcan Forged play-to-earn gaming ecosystem.
Firstly, have a read of our introductory article, Vulcan’s Phalanx Is At The Gates, which will answer many of your questions, then move onto the below where we cover both items / characteristics and ecosystem buffs.
- Phalanx collectibles are the only way to get an avatar for your profile
- They provide $LAVA % increase (1%-3% depending on stats)
- They provide in game battle increase
- They provide increases in-game on attack, forage and defence
- They can be stacked/collected for various achievements
- These can be utilized by any game that plugs into the upcoming Frenzy system looking for items to include with stats
- They’re cool collectibles.
Items / Characteristics
Centaurs consist of several parts. Body type, weapon, armour and so on. Some parts are rarer than others and this data will be encoded within the Phalanx NFT, allowing Phalanx avatars to be potentially used in forthcoming games.
Many of the centaur’s characteristics can vary in how common or rare they are, but there are three important attributes that become part of the NFT data alongside the image, name and lore. They are Attack, Defence and Speed.
Attack is defined by the weapon your centaur carries. There are six weapons that your centaur may come with. They are, from most common to legendary:
- Sledge Hammer
- Bow & Arrow 2
- Bow & Arrow 1
Defence is defined by the armour your centaur is wearing. There are eight armour types as follows, in order from common to legendary:
- No armour
- Half body armour 2
- Half body armour 3
- Half body armour 1
- Chest armour 2
- Chest armour 1
- Chest armour 3
- Full body armour
Speed is defined by your centaur’s body type, of which there are three, in order from most common to rare:
A very powerful centaur would be ripped, with chest armour 3 or full body armour and wielding a Sledge Hammer or one of the two bow & arrow types.
Take a look at the images of Damaris and his twin brother Hippokrates above. Damaris has been down on his luck. He carries the most common weapon, the spear, and has a regular body type, with no chest armour. Successful twin Hippokrates however, has chest armour 3, bow & arrow 2 and is ripped, giving him some of the best stats.
Damaris isn’t jealous at all.
Other variables or various rarities include helmet type (if your centaur is lucky enough to have one), horse leg guards, arm guards, hair and beard style and colour, horse tail length and so on. But these don’t influence the NFT stats as mentioned above, some looks are just a little rarer than others. We won’t spoil them all!
Your Vulcan’s Phalanx centaur avatar comes with Vulcan Forged ecosystem wide benefits, or ‘buffs’ as we like to call them. These are still under development but at present include:
General Centaur Buffs + Perks (non-stackable)
*My Forge accounts with avatars have a slightly better % chance with lootboxes
*If using a centaur Vulcanite (Velosina and Chiron) in VV, a small % boost to stats will be applied if you hold a centaur Phalanx avatar in My Forge
*An achievement for holding Chiron, Velosina and a centaur Phalanx avatar
*An achievement for collecting 4x centaur Phalanx avatars
Stackable Centaur Buffs + perks:
% $LAVA generation multiplier per avatar held (full details TBA but 1% to 3% based on stats)
Rare Item Centaur Buffs + Perks:
*An achievement for having a centaur Phalanx avatar with either the rarest armour or rarest weapon.
*Increased % Vulcanite attack stat in VulcanVerse for holding a Phalanx avatar with a rare weapon
*Increased % Vulcanite defence stat in VulcanVerse for holding a Phalanx avatar with rare armour
*Avatar integration / use in future games
Each of the 500 centaurs is unique in look, name and lore, making these fun collectibles. In fact, each of the 10,000 total Vulcan’s Phalanx characters is totally unique. After Arcadia Wave 1 — Centaurs, comes Boreas Wave 1 — Minotaurs, followed by Notus’s Sphinxes and Hades’s Laimas. Naming and lore is written by none other than award winning author, Jamie Thomson.
Who will your centaur be?
Instructions to mint
Launch is projected for 4pm GMT 26th April
Process is as follows:
- Click through to the website https://phalanx.vulcanforged.com/
- Click ‘Get a Centaur’
- 3. Click ‘Receive your companion from the gods’ — this will then open the Venly wallet where you will login and pay your 25 PYR. Your centaur will appear! You have one minute to decide whether you want this centaur. If the time runs out, he’s yours. You can click to accept straight away if you’re happy. If you’re not keen though, you can choose to pay a further 5 PYR to swap the centaur. Note, this is your only chance to swap, if you pay, you get the new centaur. (Note- ensure you have enabled pop-ups for the Venly wallet to work here)
- If you want to swap, click ‘Decline, make one further offering’ and pay the 5 PYR in the Venly popup. (note, if you declined first centaur but then closed the Venly pop up without paying, you’ll get the first avatar that you declined)
- Whether you accepted your first centaur or swapped for the next, you’ll find yourself on the Congratulations screen. Here you learn your centaur’s name and lore and can choose to download the image if you want to.
About Vulcan Forged
Vulcan Forged is a blockchain game studio, NFT marketplace, and NFT minting engine. Vulcan Forged is the creator of VulcanVerse and Berserk, and many other games. The ecosystem is expanding rapidly, and many games are being enabled within the play to earn economy.
The native token used within the ecosystem is $PYR. The secondary token $LAVA acts as a play to earn tokens. This dual token economy structure is ideal for play to earn. Scholars will earn $LAVA while playing the Vulcan Forged games and will be able to forage special NFTs while in-game. These can be sold on the Vulcan Marketplace for $PYR.
To stay up to date with Vulcan Forged, please follow on these channels: