Berserk Season 2 Is Here: Prizes & More Announced
Join The Competition And Win Big Prizes In Our Play-To-Earn Digital CCG
Berserk season 2 is finally upon us! We’ve been hard at work porting the game over from a web interface to a dedicated PC Application. A big thank you to all the community members who gave their time to help beta test and make this release as good as it can possibly be.
So why move from a browser based game to a dedicated app? Our vision for Berserk had simply outgrown the limitations imposed on it when the game was initially conceived.
For the game to grow into the beast we envision, we had to change our approach to long term stability, flexibility and performance and so, over the course of the last several months we’ve worked hard to improve stability and general game behaviour and will continue to build on the good work so far over the coming months.
But you’ve all waited long enough! Berserk- although not quite the finished article yet, is in a good enough position for us to launch another Competitive Season. So, beginning July 11th at 4pm GMT, Season 2 will officially be here!*
As well as some excellent prizes (read on), we’re including double XP, triple LAVA and we’re raising the starter league LAVA limit from 7/day to 21/day!
Vulcan’s minions have also been hard at work adding a few new features that will start to roll out in upcoming updates.
A brand new in-game ‘unlock shop’ has been created. Using Cold LAVA, you will be able to buy access to a wide variety of cool and interesting things. We’ll be kicking off with a series of cosmetic items and the ability to unlock using the other Level 0 Vulcanites, in game. We will continue to push new content to the unlock shop. From cosmetics, to new Neutral cards, as well as other little goodies. Be sure to keep an eye out for new things as they get released!
To go with the new cosmetics, we have also created an in-game Profile page, where you can see several key statistics for your gameplay and you’ll be able to equip any cosmetic items you have access to. For now, the page is quite basic, but we will be continuing to develop and add to the stats shown as we go.
*Subject to final checks in the trial season going smoothly
You asked, we listened. We still aren’t ready for a full-on in game chat, we feel it’s currently too difficult to guarantee a happy and safe space for all, but, in the interest of fun and communication, you can now torment or commend your opponent with a series of cute animated emotes! We’re starting things off with 5 Sets of Emotes. Initially purchasable as packs, these will eventually also be individually unlockable in-game for Lava.
Into Season 2
It’s been 69,420 crypto years since season 1, how does this even work again?!
We’re keeping things largely the same, but with a few minor modifications. League access for Mythic and Legendary is now going to be limited by NFTs in your deck, rather than by Vulcanite level. For reasons of balance, the Starter League is still going to be restricted to Level 1 Vulcanites at most.
When we begin the Season, players match making rating (MMR) in all leagues will be reset to 1,200, and commendation levels will be reset to 0. Season 2 will run for 2 Months, followed by a 1 month off-season to allow us to patch, update, make balance changes and migrate all NFTs over to Elysium. We’re still refining how long we want each season to be, so its likely this may change over the next few seasons until we settle on a reasonable number that allows enough time for new content without letting the meta get stale, or making the shifts feel rushed.
Dedicated support for Best of 3 matches, and formal tournament support is still in development. Because of that, this season will remain based purely on your final MMR ratings. We will not be running a separate ladder for total matches played, and there will (unfortunately) not be an end of season tournament to determine final prizes. There will be a minimum number of games necessary to be eligible for prizes, and the prizes have been structured in such a way as to encourage people to take a chance on the higher leagues, even if you don’t have very many NFTs.
- Stranglevines and Gifts of the Great Green Ones have been blacklisted this season, due to a reborn bug that we have not been able to resolve in time.
- To be eligible for a prize your average games must be in the top 80% of games played.
- Average game time will need to remain above a pre-determined value to remain eligible. We know how long a game should take (even a quick one).
- Vulcan Police are on the case, and the sharing of NFTs back and forth during the season to allow multiple accounts to climb using the same cards will not be tolerated.
So, What’s next?
Now we can finally get on to the good stuff!
- With the release of new cards, will come a new way of acquiring them. All new card sets will initially be available as booster packs, prizes and foraging rewards from the new system, with a chance of finding the new foraging keys as rewards from berserk matches in higher leagues.
- We’ve also been working on a new card rental system (a more detailed medium on this is required, as an interesting conversation at Vulcon2 has made a solid case for a different approach, but we are 90% done with this work now).
- We will be enabling all Vulcanites, as well as Vulcanite rental in an upcoming patch.
- With Elysium around the corner, we have an opportunity to improve some of the ability text on existing cards. We won’t change any of the balance, but we are intending to just give them slightly clearer rules text when we remint, plus some minor tweaks to some of the early artwork. With the move to Elysium will also come foil borders. Cards fed XP and LAVA will level up and get a golden border, so you can properly show off your devotion to Vulcan as you batter your opponents into the board!
- There are plans in the works for an improved mobile layout, making the important bits bigger and therefore easier to see, with an alternative click + confirm style of card play, rather than the current drag + drop (and the option to swap between them).
- We will be reworking the in-game card library, to make it easier to see all cards (including ones you don’t own) and allow you to craft your ‘planned’ decks in game, allowing you to design your ideal deck and see what cards you need to acquire to finish it off.
Longer term, whilst it’s still early days, we have heard whispers of “Tournament Support”, “Single Player” and “Multiplayer Format” so stay tuned for some big new features in the future!
And let’s not forget the new quadrant themed card sets! Starting with Boreas, The Winds of War are upon us… Alongside a cool set of cosmetics!
Season 2 Prizes
No Berserk season is complete without information on the prizes available for the top players! These consist of ‘cash’ prizes in the form of $LAVA and $PYR and NFT prizes- Berserk cards. Below are the prizes for the three leagues: Starter, Mythic and Legendary.
Note: You can only be eligible for one prize but may compete in all leagues.
We’ll take a snapshot of the $PYR and $LAVA price on the final day of the season to determine the prize amounts. Vulcan Forged reserves the right to review any results prior to handing out prizes and to make adjustments or disqualifications from prizes as we deem necessary for the benefit of both the game and the ecosystem as a whole.
Not yet playing Berserk? What are you waiting for? Visit berserk.vulcanforged.com. You only need a My Forge account and away you go!
About Vulcan Forged
Vulcan Forged is a blockchain game studio, NFT marketplace, and NFT minting engine. Vulcan Forged is the creator of VulcanVerse and Berserk, and many other games. The ecosystem is expanding rapidly, and many games are being enabled within the play to earn economy.
The native token used within the ecosystem is $PYR. The secondary token $LAVA acts as a play to earn tokens. This dual token economy structure is ideal for play to earn. Scholars will earn $LAVA while playing the Vulcan Forged games and will be able to forage special NFTs while in-game. These can be sold on the Vulcan Marketplace for $PYR.
To stay up to date with Vulcan Forged, please follow on these channels: